Certain airlines have dedicated VIP lounges available at Melbourne Airport for selected passengers. Please contact your airline directly to confirm eligibility and availability.
Domestic – Membership lounges
|Virgin Australia (Virgin Australia Lounge)||T3, mezzanine floor|
|Qantas (The Qantas Club)||T1, first floor|
|REX (The REX Lounge)||T4, ground floor at Gate 30|
International – membership lounges
A large selection of membership based lounges are located throughout the international departure precinct.
|Cathay Pacific (Cathay Pacific Lounge)||T2, first floor|
|Qantas (The Qantas Club)||T2, first floor|
|Singapore (Silver Kris Lounge)||T2, first floor|
|Air New Zealand/United Airlines||T2, first floor|
|Emirates (Emirates Lounge)||T2, second floor|
|AMEX Lounge||T2, second floor|
International – Pay as you go
There are also a selection of ‘Pay-as-you-go’ lounges that do not require a membership to any program or airline to use. Walk-ins accepted.
|Marhaba Lounge||T2, 3rd floor||View more.|
|Plaza Premium Lounge||T2, 1st floor||View more.|
|The House||T2, 3rd floor||View more.|
Melbourne Airport is located approximately 25 km north-west of the city CBD. You can access it by car via the Tullamarine Free in less than 25 minutes.
Please note, travel on the Tullamarine Freeway may require a CityLink pass and consequently incur tolls. To avoid this, another option is to take the Western Ring Road.
If you’re using a rental car to get to the airport, we’d recommend speaking to the rental car company about the use of tolls. If you’re getting to the airport in a taxi, it may also be worth discussing the use of tolls with your driver prior to the trip.
See the specific location and coordinates of the airport on Google Maps.
See maps of the entire airport, as well as terminal and parking-specific maps.
Alternatively, you can download the Melbourne Airport app.
Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs) are located throughout the airport as listed below:
|Travelex||Level 1 in the food court|
|Travelex||M level opposite Gate 1|
|Travelex||M level at Gate 21|
|Travelex||Landside – Departures Level 1 before security near Zone A|
|Travelex||Landside – Departures Level 1 before security. Travelex store opposite Zone H|
|Travelex||Landside – Departures Level 1 before security. Travelex next to Rolling Luggage|
|Travelex||Airside – Departures Level 1 after security next to the Travelex store|
|Travelex||Airside – Departures Level 1 after security between gate 9 & 11|
|Travelex||Airside – Departures Level 1 opposite D16 next to WH Smith|
|Travelex||Airside Arrivals next to D6|
|Travelex||Airside Arrivals just before Duty Free near ABF kiosks|
|Travelex||Airside Baggage reclaim hall opposite Carousel 4|
|Travelex||Airside Baggage reclaim hall opposite Carousel 6|
|Travelex||Mezzanine level opposite gate E5|
|Travelex||Level 1 opposite AFL Kitchen & Bar|
|Travelex||Mezzanine level opposite gate E1|
|Travelex||Level 1 opposite VA service desk|
Baby change facilities are located throughout each of the airport terminals.
Below is a list of the specific locations in arrivals and departures. See maps.
- T1 – next to Amcal (before security)
- T1 – Northern end of terminal (before security)
- T1 – Southern end of terminal (before security)
- T2 International Arrivals (ground floor) – located between baggage carousel 5 and 6
- T2 and T3 Arrivals (ground floor) – located in the general public area, in the passageway between T2 and T3
- T3 Domestic Aircraft Gates (mezzanine floor) – located after security screening, near Gate 4
- T4 Domestic Arrivals (ground floor) – located near Go Convenience
- T1 – southern end of the terminal after security
- T1 – between gates 2 & 4, and gates 4 & 6 after security
- T1 – at Gate 21 after security
- T1 – at Gate 22 after security
- T2 International Departures (first floor) – located after security screening
- T2 International Departures (first floor) – located after security screening, near Gate 8
- T3 Domestic Departures (mezzanine floor) – located after security screening, near Gate 4
- T3 Domestic Departures (mezzanine floor) – located after security screening, near Gate 11
- T4 Domestic Departures (first floor) – located between McDonald’s and Amuse
The Chaplaincy office is located on the second floor of T2 and is available to support those of any faith through the provision of compassionate, caring and practical support.
If you wish to visit, it is best to call ahead to ensure that the chaplain is present.
The Prayer Room is located on the ground floor between T2 and T3 and is open 24 hours a day.
Phone: +61 3 9297 1488
24-hour mobile response is also available through the Salvation Army by calling 1800 266 686.
There is a children’s play area located in Terminal 2 opposite gate 15b
Melbourne Airport has a Chinese information service known as OZLOOK Travelmate located in T2 Arrivals on the ground floor. It provides Chinese tourists with communications services and travel information about Australia.
Before arriving in Melbourne, Chinese travellers can order the OZLOOK service pack by heading to the website. The pack contains an up-to-date travel guide and gives purchasers access to local 3G/4G data communications services upon arrival using a mobile hotspot device. Up to five devices can be connected at one time and it can be used Australia-wide.
The service saves tourists from choosing and activating SIM cards or data communications packages. Instead, it’s easy to keep in touch with family and friends back home using IP telephony and social platforms.
Travelmate also provides local bilingual hotline services to assist tourists with unexpected incidents.
If you haven’t exchanged currency before getting to the airport, you’re able to do so at the Travelex stores located in T1 and T2.
At Travelex, you can purchase foreign cash from over 40 currencies, phone cards and Travelex Cash Passports (available in 10 currencies). You can also order commission-free foreign currency up to 21 days in advance.
Find out more about Travelex’s services.
Phone: +61 3 9335 5455
Melbourne Airport has disabled access in a variety of areas around the airport, including within the terminals, as well as in the car parks and pick up/drop off zones.
If you lose or misplace something within T2, T3, T4 or the security checkpoints, you can check with Smartcarte located on the ground floor of the international arrivals hall in T2. They operate 7am – midnight, seven days a week.
Any items lost in T1 can find the lost property desk next to carousel 2 on the ground level before security in T1.
If you have lost your passport, you will need to contact the Australian Border Force directly on +61 3 9339 1320.
Baggage Storage: Smartecarte is located in T2 Arrivals on the ground floor and provides secure storage options for your items for long or short periods of time. Items such as carry on luggage, suitcases, baby car seats, prams, sporting equipment, instrument cases, bikes and more can all be stored here.
Baggage Storage operates 5am – 12:30am, seven days a week. Photo ID is required for storage.
You can also find storage lockers in the At Terminal T4 Car Park on the ground floor.
If you require luggage wrapping, Protectabag ensures that items such as suitcases, boxes, golf clubs, car seats and many more are protected before, during and after your flight.
Other Protectabag services include bubble wrapping damage protection and the provision of inexpensive small and medium bags for repacking of overweight bags.
Protectabag is located in T2 Departures alongside the check in desks.
Phone: +61 3 9310 3952
There are oversized luggage counters in each terminal in the below locations:
|T1||Drop off – Level 1 at the northern end of the terminal|
|T1||Pick up – Ground floor next to carousel 3|
|T2||Drop off – Level 1 between McDonalds and PJ Obrien’s|
|T2||Pick up – Ground floor opposite carousel 6|
|T3||Drop off – Level 1 behind the Virgin check in counters|
|T3||Pick up – Ground level behind carousel 2|
|T4||Drop off – Between Jetstar check in and baggage carousels|
|T4||Pick up – Ground level between Jetstar check-in and baggage carousels|
Massage chairs are available in Terminal 3 and are $2 for 5 minutes.
You can find the massage chair at gate 5, 7 and 9 on the mezzanine level after security.
Melbourne Airport Health is the airport medical centre located in T1 next to the pharmacy. It can assist with a full range of general medical practical services, such as:
- men’s and women’s health screening
- pre-employment medical examinations
- work injury management
- physiotherapy services
- Deep Vein Thrombosis prevention.
Monday–Thursday, 8am – 4pm
Friday, 9.30am – 5pm
Closed Saturday, Sunday and public holidays
Phone: +61 3 9338 8975
There are a number of hotels situated close to Melbourne Airport, offering you convenience and comfort.
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
PARKROYAL is located mere metres from the terminals, connected to both domestic and international via sky bridge walkways. With 276 spacious guest rooms and an entire floor dedicated to conference and meeting facilities, PARKROYAL is the perfect place to meet, rest or refresh.
Phone: +61 3 8347 2000
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
Just a 400-metre walk from the domestic and international terminals, Holiday Inn offers a relaxed atmosphere and stylish amenities. It’s ideal for stopovers prior to an early-morning flight or after a late-night arrival.
Phone: +61 3 9933 5111
Ibis Budget Melbourne Airport
Ibis is a short 5-minute walk (750m) from the airport terminals, and close to food and conveniences. It’s suited to those looking for somewhere to rest their head overnight.
Phone: +61 3 8336 1811
Mantra Tullamarine is situated just minutes from the airport (5.1km). Complimentary shuttle service is included with all bookings with onsite restaurant, bar and pool. Perfect for overnight stopover or a few hours between flights (available between 8am-8pm).
Phone: +61 3 9093 6500
Quest Melbourne Airport
Quest is brand new serviced apartment accommodation perfect for all types of travellers. Located in the Melbourne Airport Business Park, Quest is just minutes from the terminals and Tullamarine business precincts (5.9 km)
Phone: +61 3 8340 8400
Mobile phone charging stations are available at various locations in both the International and Domestic terminals.
Below are a list of locations:
|T2||M level after security opposite Surf dive n ski at gate 2|
|T2||M level after security at gate 1|
|T2||M level after security at gate 3|
|T3||M level after security at gate 4|
|T3||M level after security at gate 5|
|T3||M level after security at gate 6|
|T3||M level after security at gate 7|
|T3||M level after security at gate 8|
|T3||M level after security at gate 9|
|T4||Level 1 after security in the main food court|
If you need to post something at Melbourne Airport, you can do so at the red (regular mail) or yellow (express post) post boxes located curbside approximately 10 metres past the the T1 drop off zone.
Post boxes, as well as Australia Post parcel lockers, are available in the At Terminal T4 Car Park. The parcel locker service allows you to collect, send or return parcels. For more information, visit Australia Post.
Any last minute printing and faxing can be done at Baggage Storage: Smartecarte in T2 Arrivals on the ground floor. They can also assist with any online visa application needs.
Baggage Storage operates 5am – 12:30am, seven days a week.
ublic shower facilities are available in the airport near the toilets in T2 Departures.
Specific locations are below:
- T2 International Departures (first floor) – between the link to T1 and Nando’s
- T2 International Departures (first floor) – near the exit of Duty Free
Melbourne Airport aims to provide a safe and pleasant environment for our passengers, visitors and staff.
There is to be no smoking in all airside areas. Smoking is also prohibited in the following landside areas:
- all areas designated as ‘no smoking’ by signage
- enclosed workspaces
- Melbourne Airport controlled buildings
- adjacent to building access points such as doorways and windows
- within 10 metres of air conditioning intake vents and ducts
- APAM vehicles
- undercover car parking areas.
International students living or studying in Melbourne can visit the Student Welcome Desk at the airport for information and advice about the city.
The desk is located at the Travellers’ Informations Service on the ground floor of the international arrivals hall in T2.
The service can help with:
- general information
- accommodation advice and options
- phone and internet
- employment, tax and banking
- shopping, dining and entertainment.
Free welcome packs are also available.
Telephones are located in T1, T2 and T3. Machines accept coins and phonecards. Selected telephones also accept credit cards.
A TTY telephone for those with hearing difficulties is located on the ground floor of T2 Arrivals.
Below are a list of toilet locations throughout the airport:
- Next to Amcal in the T1/T2 walkway on level 1 (before security)
- Southern end of the terminal on level 1 (after security)
- Northern end of the terminal on level 1 (after security)
- Between gate 2 and 4 on M level (after security)
- Between gate 4 and 6 on M level (after security)
- Between gate 8 and 10 on M level (after security)
- Opposite Newslink on M level (after security)
- At gate 21 on M level (after security)
- At gate 23 on M level (after security)
- At gate 24 on M level (after security)
- At the northern end of the terminal on ground level (before security)
- At the southern end of the terminal on ground level (before security)
- Behind Cafe Vue on level 1 (before security)
- Opposite Hungry Jacks on level 1 in the T1/T2 walkway (before security)
- At the end of the duty free store on level 1 (after security)
- Opposite Hungry Jacks on level 1 (after security)
- Between gate 5 and 7 on level 1 (after security)
- Near gate 15b on level 1 (after security)
- Between gate 6 and 8 on level 1 (after security)
- Opposite gate 16 on level 1 (after security)
- Between gate 16 and 18 on level 1 (after security)
- Opposite arrivals gate 16 on ground level (after security)
- Between arrivals gate 16 and 18 on ground level (after security)
- Opposite arrivals gate 5 on ground level (after security)
- Opposite arrivals gate 4 on ground level (after security)
- Next to arrivals gate 2 on ground level (after security)
- Opposite baggage carousel 1 on ground level (after security)
- Between baggage carousels 5 and 6 on ground level (after security)
- Northern end of the terminal near the ABF office on ground level (before security)
- Behind Virgin Australia check in counters on level 1 (before security)
- Near the escalators and booking telephones on ground level (before security)
- Opposite gate 2 on M level (after security)
- Opposite gate 3 on M level (after security)
- Between Tiger Airways and Rex check in on ground level (before security)
- On the ground floor of the At Terminal T4 car park (before security)
- At the end of the Tiger Airways pier before the stairs on level 1 (after security)
- At the end of the stairs in the Tiger Airways pier on ground level (after security)
- At gate 30 on ground level (after security)
- Between the Jetstar gates on ground level (after security)
- Next to McDonalds in the main food court on level 1 (after security)
- Between Amcal and security screening on level 1 (before security)
- Beside the baggage carousels on ground level (before security)
The Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS) allows you to claim a refund of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Wine Equalisation Tax (WET) that you pay on certain goods purchased in Australia.
The Tourist Refund Scheme office is operated by the Australian Border Force (ABF) and is located in T2 departures, just after customs within the main tax and duty free store.
Travellers Aid have sites at Southern Cross and Flinders Street train stations and provides a number of services to assist visitors to Melbourne.These include:
- Shower Facilities
- Resting Rooms
- Mobility Equipment Hire
- Luggage Storage
- Buggy Assistance when transiting through Southern Cross Station
Visit www.travellersaid.org.au for more information on these and other services that Travellers Aid offer.
Travellers’ Information Services are temporarily unavailable. For all general enquiries please call Melbourne Airport Reception on +61 3 9297 1600. Melbourne Airport apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Filtered drinking water fountains are located throughout the terminal in the following areas:
|T1||M level after security between gate 4 & 6|
|T1||M level after security between gate 8 & 10|
|T1||M level after security at gate 21|
|T1||M level after security at gate 24|
|T2||Level 1 before security opposite Hungry Jacks|
|T2||Level 1 before security behind Cafe Vue|
|T2||Level 1 after security opposite Hungry Jacks|
|T2||Level 1 after security between gates 5 and 7|
|T2||Level 1 after security opposite gate 15B|
|T2||Level 1 after security opposite gate 16|
|T2||Level 1 after security between gates 16 and 18|
|T2||Ground floor after security opposite gate 4|
|T2||Ground floor after security opposite gate 5|
|T2||Ground floor after security opposite gate 16|
|T2||Ground floor after security between gate 16 and 18|
|T3||M level after security next to gate 5|
|T3||M level after security next to gate 7|
|T3||Ground floor after security next to the booking phones|
|T4||Ground floor of At Terminal T4 car park|
|T4||Ground floor before security beside baggage carousels|
|T4||Level 1 after security in the Tiger pier before stairs|
|T4||Ground floor after security between Jetstar gates|
|T4||Level 1 after security next to McDonalds|
|T4||Level 1 before security between Amcal and security screening|
Free Wi-Fi is accessible in all terminals of the airport.
To connect to the ‘Airport Free Wi-Fi’ hotspot, see the following instructions:
- Ensure your Wi-Fi setting is turned on, then select ‘Airport Free Wi-Fi’.
- Enter details and accept the terms and conditions.
- Accept privacy statement and click ‘Start Browsing’ to connect to the service.
Please note that this free Wi-Fi service is not encrypted.